Brayden’s First Birthday was Saturday! It was bitter sweet... the time has gone by so fast I cannot even believe it. He is growing by leaps and bounds. He is the light in our home, bright, engaging, funny, and handsome. He makes us laugh everyday! Sometimes Preston and I just sit and watching him, he is amazing! I am a little biased…but really he is a doll!!
A short one-year update, Brayden “walk-runs” everywhere! It’s the cutest thing. He loves to run around and he LOVES someone “chasing” him! He talks and talks. It is still a lot of baby babble but every week he is saying more and he is starting to understand us more, which I love. He also loves to sing and dance. His singing is kind of like humming. Sometimes we sing and dance together and he giggles and giggles. Most recently he has been dancing in church… during the hymns! When the organ starts so does the dancing! It doesn’t matter what he is doing, it stops him dead in his tracks. SO CUTE!
Brayden’s little Party was great! He didn’t really get the gift opening thing. He just wanted to play with Trevor and Drew and the toys! After the presents were open, those three darlings had a blast! Our family is awesome and spoiled him with much-needed clothes and some very cool toys! I want to THANK them again for ALL they do for our family! I made him a “Dirt” cake and he loved it! At first he kind of touched the cake with his hesitant little finger but then he dug right in! It was a fun birthday and one I’ll remember forever… the day my BABY turned ONE!
That night I rocked him a little longer than usual, sometimes I think mom’s rock the baby to calm the baby, and sometimes we rock the baby for the mommy! As I rocked my baby I made him lots of promises! Here are a couple: I promised this year I’m going to sit and play a little longer, this year I’m going to dance and sing a little longer, this year I’m going to let him splash and play in the tub a little longer, this year I’m going to hug my little guy a little longer, because if I blink… when I blink he will be grown and I want to know I ENJOYED EVERY SINGLE MINUTE with him!!
Most Wonderful Time Of The Year
1 week ago






2 comments:
He is sure a cutie! He looks a lot like you. Happy Holidays to you guys!
OHHH... it is bittersweet! I am glad that you had such a wonderful day with him. I have to agree with you about the rocking. I still try to rock Aniston, because for one little second she feels like my little baby again =)
Post a Comment