The last weekend in June is always the Peterson Family Reunion and I look forward to it! I have such great memories of going to the reunions! I remember when I was little looking forward to them every summer; I loved to go to Glenwood and loved playing at Grandma Pete’s house. 
Family reunions meant seeing Grandma Verna and Grandpa Chad and all the rest of the family… and it’s a big group! The years have gone by and the reunion has moved around a bit the last few years but the family still gets together and it is so great to see everyone. I didn’t realize until I went to college that not everyone’s families get together every year; I didn’t realize that not everyone know their great aunts, uncles and cousins. Some hardly know their aunts and uncles, not to mention great aunts and uncles. I love all my extended family, they have supported me in all I've done and I know I am truly blessed. This year’s reunion was up Provo Canyon at Vivian Park. We had never been there and it was so much fun, the Heber Creeper came right through the park while we were there, they were fishing and tubing down the river that ran right through the park.
But the best part is the auction! Grandpa Chad is always the auctioneer; Grandma always tries to bid on different things, but some how Grandpa "doesn’t see her" and it makes everyone laugh! They are the life of the party!! I love them both so much!
At every reunion there is a drawing for quilts. This year Preston won the King quilt! I have been to so many reunions, too big of a number to mention but I’ve only missed a couple, and have never won! So we were so excited. It was a great reunion and we are looking forward to next year!


S’mores Cookies
4 days ago



1 comment:
I love grandpas hat. He cracks me up. I wish that we could have made it.
Post a Comment