Friday, February 18, 2011

Festival of Trees

We went to the Festival of Trees with Melissa, Amanda, our Uncle Jay, Aunt Jackie, Sami, Syd and the kids the first part of December. We had so much fun! I loved the trees, so much work goes into the whole Festival. The stories that go along with the trees are so touching, they break my heart. I seriously can't read them. It is a great reminder how fragile life is. The Festival is an awesome tradition during the Christmas holiday. It was the 40th year this year, all the money raised goes to Primary Children's Medical Center and the trees were amazing! We had so many favorites we can't list them all here but here are a few!




There were a couple BYU and UTAH trees! Family Fued was a cute one with both combined! Syd and Sami showing their vote! People passing by thought it was pretty funny! One group even said "We're next!!"









We saw Richard Paul Evans. The girls wanted to get a picture with him... Melissa... who is usually very quiet... snagged him and ask for pictures! Our Mom use to work with him. But they were so excited... he was very nice.. it was pretty funny!


Brayden really like this tree... It was Toy Story story and covered with Buzz and Woody!
But Brayden LOVED this tree!

His favorite tree was the 'Firehouse Christmas' Tree! He started running for it and Preston grabbed him just before he ducked under the white chain! Then he kneeled on the floor and looked with wide eyes and named everything from helmets to boots and the big fire jacket. He just loves firefighters, it was so sweet! He had to go back to see the 'Firehouse Christmas' tree a couple times through the night until he finally fell asleep in the stroller. We love our little fire fighter!
Another favorite was 'Maui Christmas' it was a few trees together to make a surf. We loved it! It made us excited to visit Hawaii soon!
Thanks for a great night! We had so much fun with you guys!

1 comment:

Treadways said...

Steph, Tears are filling my eyes. I had no idea all you were going through and I'm so sorry! I've been wondering about you since you hadn't updated your blog for so long and I'm sorry I didn't get in touch with you sooner. Sending love from California. <3 Diantha