A little over a week ago we took Brayden to play at the park. After we let Brayden play extra long we were loading him into the car and a fire truck and ambulance pulled up with lights and sirens going. They stopped right behind us and Brayden got so excited, "Fire truck, Fire truck... FIRE TRUCK!" He was trying to get out of his seat. He LOVES fire trucks. Anything to do with fire trucks. He has a great big fire truck that he plays with daily. He'll play with his other toys, line up all his trucks. But no matter what he is playing with his fire truck is always close. And at the end of the day his fire truck goes to his room and is parked right next to his bed. So when a fire truck stopped behind us it made his day.
As we waited Brayden was talking non stop in his sweet little voice about the fire truck, ladders, hoses, fire fighters and how they were helping someone. The firemen heard him as they were loading up their truck and came over and gave Brayden high fives. He seemed so little next to the big truck but he was one happy little guy.
While we were driving home I was thinking about our trip to the park. I thought about how Preston had reached over and took my hand while we were walking. For a brief moment, I forgot that I was six months pregnant and he was holding hands with a toddler. For that moment it felt like we were dating, enjoying one of those great dates! I just felt love. My mind wandered to this pregnancy and how fast it is going along..... too fast. The first trimester is long gone. I am so excited for this baby! But as I am nearing the third trimester it has hit me how quickly time goes! Wasn't it just a few moments in time that I was in the third trimester with Brayden? Even though some days seem so long. (I'm still on the nauseous side, so exhausted at the end of the day and we've had a couple scares with some contractions way to early.) But thinking how fast time flies makes me appreciate the miracle of babies, of getting them here safe and healthy. It makes me appreciate a very active and happy two year old, being a family and my loving husband. I am so in love! I am so grateful for all we have been given! I am over filled with happiness!
S’mores Cookies
4 days ago



No comments:
Post a Comment