
We were able to attend the open house for the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. It is beautiful! We have watched it built from the ground up. It is right around the corner from us. Awesome! While walking through I remembered why I love the temple so much.
It had been such a crazy day! I just wanted to crash. I had put in my time at the Academy, we had a meeting about house stuff (so exciting… but a different post), we ran home to change and were on our way out when Brayden threw up… twice… so I hurried and changed his clothes while Preston cleaned up the floor. Brayden seemed ok and my Mom, Dad, Melissa and Amanda were waiting so we decided to go ahead and go.
We get to the temple and are parking the car, I’m feeling a little frazzled but calming down. Then the parking attendant tells us that we need to have our “reservations”, I had printed the “reservations” but because of all the commotion had left it home. (At the Draper Temple open house they did not require the reservations… I’m just saying...) So I had to go to a church nearby to get our tickets, leaving my Mom, Dad, Melissa and Amanda in the Temple parking lot. It felt like forever, but we got our reservations paper and headed back.
Frazzled again... We joined up with the rest of the gang and we walked to the tent to watch the open house movie before going into the temple. We had Brayden in his stroller because it was late, he was tired and it was just easy to let him relax in the stroller. We went to sit down, we had three seats for us, but because Brayden was in his stroller we only needed two... so I tap Preston’s back and tell him I’m moving one chair back so we could bring Brayden in closer to us... (You see where this is going...) Just as I move the chair... Preston was sitting down... and he landed on the floor. I felt SO BAD. (I’m still sorry Pres!) There was a sister missionary behind us and she gave me the meanest look EVER. I didn’t do it on purpose!! SERIOUS! What a day, I was either going to laugh or cry... So I laughed... and laughed. Pres handled it SO well he jumped right up and sat next to me. Melissa said, “If I were Pres I wouldn’t be your friend right now!” I thought the same. All I could do was laugh, and Pres reached over and took my hand. They started the presentation and you know when you’re suppose to be quiet and reverent but you get the giggles and nothing is going to stop it. That was me… I was just dying… my eyes were watering and I was trying not to... I just kept laughing!
BUT then the movie finished and we walked into the temple and I was just calm and content… I was with my family and nothing else mattered. And I thought about how awesome it is that we know what we know. I thought about how lucky I am that I get to spend ETERNITY with my family! I get to spend ETERNITY with my adoring husband and our sweet son. We are not perfect… but we are working at it. I felt the spirit so strong and at the days end with throw up in your hair and after you've fallen down a few times... after a day like that… it was the perfect ending. We are living our happily ever after! We will live Happily Ever After! I KNOW IT!



2 comments:
Gotta love those days. Glad you could laugh about it-that's all that matters :)...love you guys.
Oh Steph, I am still laughing! That is a day that I thought only happened to me...and then getting the giggles and can't stop...I can totally relate. In fact, I think we had a couple of good laughs back in college. Remember being on the phone with your dad, telling him how someone had hit you with a snowball while walking across the quad? Good times! I am glad Preston is such a good sport. Great post!
Post a Comment